Friday, January 20, 2012

I Cannot Write An Hundreth Part

I want my family to know that I love them so much. They are my greatest support, and I cherish no letters more than there's. I love this mission that the Lord has graciously given me. I love this restored gospel. It is the truth. To my friends who read this who are not of my faith; please read the Book of Mormon. It will bless your life more than you thought possible.Dear Family & Friends,

I want my family to know that I love them so much. They are my greatest support, and I cherish no letters more than theirs. I love this mission that the Lord has graciously given me. I love this restored gospel. It is the truth. To my friends who read this who are not of my faith; please read the Book of Mormon. It will bless your life more than you thought possible.

On the 14th, Elder Dever was doing a mock investigator
thing. Two of our teachers taught him in front of all of us, and it was
all in Espanol. Honesly, Elder Dever stuggles more than most in our class
with the language. He seemed to understand almost everything, and was
responding fluidly. It was awesome. It was a great testimony to me
of the gift of tongues. I've said it before, but I can't get over how
much I just love this District.

At the end of class we watch Holland's Mormon Message,
"Hope in Good Things to Come." So good. We all felt the
Spirit, and it was wonderful. Our Maestra, Hermana Alanis, apparently
hadn't eaten all day. Elder Christensen gave her an orange he had.
I don't know why, but that scene just imprinted itself on my mind. He
really looks out for people. I really love Elder Christensen, and he
really lives up to the first syllable of his last name. He's one of the most
selfless missionaries I know, and He will be a great missionary in Chile,
Rangaua.

MTC fireside was by Stephen B Allen on Sunday. That
was so cool. He served his mission in Guatemala and produced tons of
short films for the church. Basically, he is everything that I want to be
when I grow up. Haha. His wife spoke before he did, and she gave an
awesome quote by Mack Whalberg. "Harmony requires
Submission." I have been putting a ton of thought into the
submission required to be truly meek. I love the idea of this isn't my
mission. I don't ever want to say "my mission" ever
again. This is the Lord's mission. This is HIS time. Not
mine. My will is nothing right now. I really hope that after all of
my preparation I can simply tell the Lord, "alright. I've done all I
can do. Now please use me to say what you want to say." The
Spirit is such a powerful influence. I love the Spirit here at the
MTC. I love learning Spanish even thought it's really the hardest thing
I've ever done.

On Tues, Kevin R Duncan of the 70 spoke. He was also
amazing. Here are my highlights:

I am only the messenger, but those who accept the message I
bear shall love me; I will love them. I will be with them forever.
I need to savor this oportunity to be the Lord's messenger.
Live in the frontiers of faith. This is where and
attitude of faith meets great effort.
Our best is required all of the time. Not just when
the sun shines.
True disciples will suffer pain and sorrow. But DO NOT
confuse sorrow with discouragement. Even the Savior wept, but
discouragement is of the Devil.
Pray for Charity.
Build and edify your companion. Always pray for him.
You will find a direct relationship between joy and the pure
love of Chirst-like love you feel for the Lord and His people. If you
always love them, you can alway have joy and peace, dispite circumstance.

Most of those notes were more of my personal impressions as
opossed to what was said exactly, but it was a mix. The Spirit told me a
lot of things I needed to hear.

Yesterday and today I have run into a lot of new
missionaries who I love. Elders Nathan James, Julian Froude, Eugene
Welker. They're going to be amazing. I appreciate those who have
written. You all don't understand how much those letters mean to every
missionary who receives them. Write a missionary today! Haha.

Les amo mucho!

Elder Kent Thalman

No comments:

Post a Comment