Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vinimos Juntos, y saldramos Juntos



So... I getting transferred.  No!!!!  Goodbye Olanchito... I have no idea where I´m going or who will be my companion.  I am really going to miss this area.  Olanchito is awesome.  And, according to pattern, once I really start to become friends with my companion, I get changed.  I learned a ton from Elder Gomez, and he´ll always be my great friend.


Well, this Friday we married the family Bienvenida Acosta.  Saturday they were baptized, and Sunday they were confirmed.  They almost weren´t confirmed because of how late they came to church...  They live like 3-4 miles walking from the church and she is due for surgery in a few weeks.  Incredible, the faith of this family.


This whole week we´ve been finding really good new families.  I swear, there are going to be like 30 baptisms here next change and I won´t be here.  Haha.  Honestly, it doesn´t matter to me.  I really hope that there is a lot of success after I leave.  I know that I helped prepare a lot of these people for baptism, even if I can´t see them enter the waters thereof.  What an incredible first 12 weeks.  Speaking of which, I´m officially not a greenie!  Haha. 


So Cristi gave me the most offensive compliment I´ve ever received.  "Se ve usted un poco más gordito."  Thanks Cristi...  So I think that due to the fact that she is my cook, this is a compliment, but I need to loose weight.  I´m definitely gaining weight lately.  My next area is going to be a cruel answer to my prayers.  God´s gonna send me to a wasteland with a cook who gives me meager servings of rice and sardines.  Haha.  I love Honduras.  I´m going to miss Cristi I´m sure!


Otherwise, things are normal.  We just got 5 ward missionaries (I guess they are more like branch missionaries).  A super huge help to the work here... and now I´m leaving.  But this will really help, I´m sure.  Elder Gomez will keep things rolling here.  Olanchito won´t be known as an area where there aren´t baptisms anymore!  There´s a reputation now, and I know that Elder Gomez will continue the legacy.  :P


I love and miss you all.  Please keep me in your prayers.  Thank you for the ones you´ve already offered in my behalf.  I feel them, and know that God is directing this work.  Jesus Christ is leading this church, and no one can stop this work from progressing.  There are literally miracles everywhere.  I´ve seen the power of God work mighty changes in the hearts of men whom never have looked to anyone for help before.  We asked a young family to start praying together before anything.  They couldn´t be baptized because they weren´t married.  They wouldn´t get married because they were fighting too much.
In one of week praying together, they told us that they had completely stopped fighting.  We could literally see how God totally changed this family.  Now they´re preparing for marriage and baptism.  Amazing.


I know my Father in Heaven lives and loves.  He loves me.  He loves you.  More than either of us even can understand.  It´s my goal to live worthy to feel this love that He has for me more and more every day.  Feeling this love more in my life has been the greatest blessing I have ever experienced.  All those who live His gospel will also feel this joy.  It´s a promise and an invitation.


Les Quiero mucho!


Elder Kent Thalman

No comments:

Post a Comment