Monday, April 8, 2013

Drowning is an Effective way to Learn to Swim



So I forgot just how hopeless puppy-ish these new guys are... haha. Was I like that? I don´t think so. From what I remember, I´ve always been the fluent, confident, hansom guy that you all remember. Did I not speak Spanish before the mission. Could it be that I didn´t understand what was happening... ? I don´t remember not understanding... Oh yeah, I was ugly before the mission because of those $5 hair cuts I got a BYU... I guess I really have changed.

If you can´t tell, I´m training a gringo from la fabrica de los misioneros, UTAH baby! Brigham City, Elder BRIAN DEAN. My dad´s name followed by my brother´s middle name... weird. I was talking to my zone leader about how these new guys basically shine with testimony coming out of the MTC like Moses´ face coming down from the mountain. We decided that they should send us back there every 8months or so just for a spiritual boost. haha. I just try and help him participate, but he´s not super confident yet. Then I hand the lesson over when you get to the first vision and he´s got this, "I know this part!" look on his face. Then he opens his mouth and the whole room gets quiet and the Spirit just starts lighting the walls on fire. Like I said. They´ve got glowing faces coming out of that place. He´s basically going to be the best missionary in the mission after we´re through. Hopefully that luster lasts. I love this elder.

This week, we had no baptisms, but we have one coming up. I´m excited for Josué, a 19 year old who we´ve been teaching. He´s the neighbor of one of our branch presidency members, and considering the fact that we´re moving apartments finally, we will also be neighbors with him... Mormons are taking over the neighborhood! Sí hombre, jeee!

I´m a little loopy today if you can´t tell. Too much responsibility can do that. You can either crack under the pressure, or be happy... or both. Hmmm.... I might be crackin´.

Conference was cool I guess... I´ll have to download it and listen to it again because of all the tech problems we had. Oh well. Kinda like the last one. I know we´re not supposed to gossip about who´s going to climb the leadership scale in the mission... but can I throw my vote in that Tad Callister is for sure going to be the next in line for a position in the 12. That´s my personal revelation I got from conference this week.

Sorry if this hasn´t been the most Spiritual blog... honestly, I am feeling great, and the work is moving forward. This area is on fire! I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that He has sustained, and continues to sustain me throughout every trial and challenge. I can tell how He´s helping me so much with these new responsibilities, and it is really exciting to see just how much I´m growing.

I love you all!

Elder Kent Thalman

No comments:

Post a Comment