Saturday, November 30, 2013

Prison



Alright, so the reason I couldn't write Monday was because of election this weekend.  We weren't aloud to leave the house, but in the end it was a useless precaution because nothing happened at all.  But that's a relief.  We were in the house for three days!  ugh... almost went crazy.

I achieved some personal goals this week, finishing the New Testament and Doctrine and Covenants.  Now I'm sprinting the finish on the Old Testament so that I will have read all the canonized scripture in my mission.  I didn't think I was going to meet that goal, but things recently changed with three days of free time...

We found a new family whose head is named Elmer.  He met the missionaries in the states, and didn't remember much of the message.  But now he's very receptive and is progressing very well.  He read more than we assigned him, and he seems like a young father with an unusually high maturity level.  He seems very excited about the gospel, and is very easy to teach.  We contacted him while avoiding a drunk of the street (giving him time to pass by).  God works in mysterious ways!

Juan and Bessy are running into some serious Satan problems, because Satan knows that they're going to be killer members.  I expect that this is normal.  They'll beat it.  
Pedro and Guillermina are also having some issues (not with each other or anything).  It just looks like their progression toward baptism is going to take longer than we thought.

Carlos and Neydi are on the brink of baptism, but the problem was that the mom was being super attacked by a pastor (that happens to be a seek and destroy missile that attacks almost all of our investigators!).  He doesn't like us.  So we read the Book of Mormon with her one day then taught her the restoration yesterday.  She loves it!  haha.  She was constantly working in the school, so she never listened to us before.  Now she's on board and committed to go to church this week!  haha.  I love the gospel!  The Spirit changes hearts!!!

I also had time this week to write a great talk on the power of the Spirit in conversion, so I may send that to you all.  But I may just use it for my homecoming... haha.

Love,

Elder Thalman

No comments:

Post a Comment