Friday, June 29, 2012

They´re Everywhere!




The title this week is to draw attention to this very fact: people who are ready to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ are everywhere!  Pretty amazing.  All the members of the church think, "yeah, they are probably in South America or something." But that´s not true.  They really are in all parts of the world.  How do I know?  Well first, I talk to people on the bus, street, etc, and all the time there are people who are interested.  If a member of the church were to help these people come to church and get to know this message on a "friends" level, they would progress much better.  My comp and I are focusing on this right now. 


So what are you doing right now to help your area progress??  Before the mission, I never thought about that stuff.  But guess what... one of my best friends just got baptized!  I knew him since like 7th grade and I don´t think I did much at all to really help him come to church or talk to the missionaries.  They are there.  Just help them.  Sometimes I think about myself before the mission and realize that I had so many friends that I really didn´t talk to much about the church.  I could have probably had a friend at church every other week if I wanted.


It´s hard.  Especially for the people out here, to talk to their friends about this stuff.  There is a sister in our ward name Rosa, and she´s awesome.  All the time, she talks to us and says, "hey, I´m going to go visit a friend right now.  Wanna come?"  Ummm... yes.  haha.  She is a true friend.  Why?  Well, the definition of a friend is, "someone who helps you live the gospel of Jesus Christ."  I forget which prophet said that... sorry.  But that´s so true.  What´s the greatest gift of God?  Eternal Life.  If we have a true hope in salvation through Jesus Christ, how can we stand blameless and not share that with others.


Maybe I´m getting too preachy.  Sorry.  But it´s really true; they´re everywhere!


We finally contacted a family the other day that was a reference from a member named Franklin.  This couple is preparing to get married.  This actually shows a high sensitivity for the Spirit on their part because most people here just don´t care about getting married.  We talked to them, and they were incredibly receptive.  Why did we find them?  Because a member told us where they live.  It was that easy.  Every person I´ve had the oportunity to see get baptized has been a reference of a member of the chruch.  Every single one.


I testify that there is more that we can be doing.  I know that this church is true.  More than that, I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world.  He suffered and died for you, for me, and for your friends.  Help them accept this sacrifice which the Lamb of God gave for them.


I love and miss every one of who are reading this.   Yes, you!  :P  And I want Kyle to know that I´m so proud of him.  Reading about you baptism this week gave me so much motivation to keep moving forward this week.  Take care of yourself and send me a letter!  Haha.


Les Quiero mucho,


Elder Kent Thalman

No comments:

Post a Comment