Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Best Days of My Life


So, I wouldn´t say that this was the best week ever, but I´m really just reflecting on how much I love being a missionary and being on the mission.  I´ve had some really tough spots and all, but the mission itself is just way awesome.  I´m really happy, and I especially love making other people happy.  I love serving them and even other missionaries.  I´m learning a lot about what hope really is.  I never got it, no matter how many darn times I read chapter six of Preach My Gospel.  
But now I´m getting it.  You can tell if someone has hope depending on their attitude.  If they are really committed to working, and they do it happily, they have hope.  Some of the best missionaries I´ve ever met are just superstars because they´re so darn happy!  Really positive all the time, and it´s something that I´ve always aspired to do...  to be.  

This week, we´re progressing with three part member families.  All three are going to get baptized in June, which is super exciting.  The area is really moving forward, as well as the zone.  In April the zone baptized only four.  In may, five.  This month, we want to baptize (as a goal) about thirty.  Honestly, the minimum will be twenty in my opinion.  But we could get the goal of thirty honestly.  I love this zone.  It´s so cool.

Today, we went and played football (500) on the beach, and got ... wet.  Didn´t break any rules... we can´t control the rain.  haha.  It was way fun.  I´ll send pics.

We did an activity call 4Pasteles, which we had done before, but never in this ward.  We basically used extortionism (which really isn't a word) to get references from the members... or in other words, cake.  Whomever gave us the most refs. won the cake.  haha.  And there were four of them, so we got about 50 references.  most of those, for competitive reasons will be garbage, so probably more like 20, but that´s not bad!  haha.

This mission is the best!

Love you all!

Elder Kent Thalman

No comments:

Post a Comment