Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Making a Difference


This week has been pretty exciting.  We´ve really gotten to work, and have seen some great differences in the area.  I truly have faith that our actions really can change things.  I´ve never in my whole mission seen my actions actually change things like they have here.  I see that the members trust us, and the work is really advancing.  It´s miraculous.  Sometimes I don´t understand how God is so merciful and kind as to let people like me participate and share in His divine power to save.

We have some excellent new investigators.  One was from a recent convert from San Pedro name George.  He´s only been a member for less than a year, but when I met him, I thought that he was an ex bishop or something.  This guy has the "makings of greatness."  Just a profoundly deep testimony.  He´s here for work and for his mother, but in a couple months he´s going to be sealed with his wife and children who are living in San Pedro still.  His mother´s name is America (what an awesome name!).  ´Merica!  We started teaching her, and she seems so happy and smily, it kill me.  My favorite old lady in the world!  She´s very smart, and always reads.  We challenged her to baptism, and she accepted.  We then tried to set a date, and she just about died of shock.  haha.  Not really, but lots of laughter (the nervous kind).  She didn´t really accept, but she´s reading and went to church yesterday, so I have great faith that she´s going to get baptized.  I already love this lady to death.

Another guy that we found is a 17 year old kid of African decent.  He´s a midget!  So cool.  Like two feet tall.  Probably the funniest person on the planet earth, and he also went to church yesterday.  I hope that we can put a date with him this week.  Super fun.  His dad seems receptive too (but he might be baptized already... that happens sometimes here).

Another investigator that we´re working with is name Jessica.  Her husband is a member, and they need to get married still.  That´s really all that´s holding them back, because they´ve gone to church a million times and have had three pairs of missionaries.  But we actually get work done.  haha.  It´s actually nothing that we did.  It was all the Spirit.  We just showed up and you could tell that from the last visit to this one, the Spirit had been doing work.  At first, they were just fine with delaying the marriage and all for other stuff.  This last time, she had tons of questions about all the stuff that she needed to do to have an eternal family.  It got to the point where she just broke down into tears, because I think that she finally has realized the gravity of her sin, and wants to repent.  Please read 2 Corinthians 7:8-11.

I love and miss you all, and love this work.  I wouldn´t be anywhere else in the world right now!!!!!

Elder Thalman


 

No comments:

Post a Comment