Monday, December 30, 2013

Aud Lang Sign


I have no idea what that means, but it seems like an appropriate title for a blog written in between Christmas and New Year.  I love this time of year, and I wouldn't be anywhere else.  I am unrepentant for having extended the mission.

Elder Lopez and I found a man with his little girl walking as we were on the way to the house to end the day.  we just talked to him quick and put a return visit.  On Sunday he said that he read the whole pamphlet of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and everything seemed really positive.  He doesn´t live with his wife, but with his mom, sister, and little girl.  We walked in and the first thing I saw was a giant Maria with a candle lit, with many other Catholic ornaments.  But we challenged him to be baptized anyway.  And he accepted.  and he accepted a date!  He seemed to really understand what we explained, and we´re excited to continue teaching him.

This week, we worked like normal on Christmas, and found a great bunch of investigators.  23 to be exact.  the spirit of the season is the Spirit of Salvation.  the Spirit of Christ.  I testify that He lives.  That means more to me than it sounds like, for we hear those words so often that at times they loose their meaning for us.  But in these last short weeks, I have tried to focus all of my study and attention to the direct teachings of Christ Himself.  I´m deeply impressed by my feelings as I contemplate His clear and simple declaration of divine Sonship.  So many accept that claim today, but so few are willing to follow His teachings, both modern and ancient.

I invite all to newly read, ponder and pray upon all of His teachings, determining to repent and live all of them.  That is the covenant that we make in baptism.  Many of us have made higher covenants.  Let us consecrate ourselves and our hearts and our whole will to Him.  I love Him, and I know that He is conscious of me, my actions, and my desires.  He is aware of my discipleship and is infinitely patient as I work my way closer to Him.

Please remember Him, His sacrifice, and His love this new year.  Forget all the extra stuff.
Love,
Elder Thalman

No comments:

Post a Comment