Thursday, February 9, 2012

Progression

Devotional on Tues was by Bishop Edgley of the Presiding Bishopric. It was so good! Here are some highlights:
You will never meet a single person who is not loved by your Father in Heaven.
My personal goal: don't meet a single person that isn't loved by me. You should not be intimidated by anyone!
There was an awesome story of an LDS girl who decided to attend a non denominational Bible meeting at her highschool. The minister leading the meetings found out one day that she was LDS and started attacking her. She eventually started crying, then realized that she knew she could stand up for the truth. She stood and shared several scriptures. Then in tears she shared her testimony then left. Two of the young men in the room that day were baptized as a result of that girl's testimony!
I love the Spirit's power when the simple and weak things of the earth do the will of God. Good things too, or I wouldn't have a chance out in the field without his help. He concluded with a promise: "I bless you that when you go home from your mission that it will be the hardest day of the whole mission." I love that. That promise is a blessing.
I already love the people of Honduras so much, and I won't know a single one for a month still.
Here's a wonderful quote I heard; from the prophet Joseph Smith: "The nearer a man approaches perfection, the clearer are his views, and the greater his enjoyments until he has lost every desire for sin." How true! The more truth I learn and live, the clear everything become, and the greater my happiness. There is great strength in knowing my own power over temptation. I have more to share, but I must be obedient... I love you all and there are many of you whom I would love to hear from.

No comments:

Post a Comment