Monday, September 3, 2012

Amazing... That´s all I can Say


So, we´ve been having a really cool week, all topped off by a really neat Pday.  Dat´s right, just used the word neat!

We had been having problems setting a date for baptism for this lady and her four boys... mostly bc of the 16 year old boy.  He was just being sort of lazy about baptism... We had no idea what to do.  We finally got him alone and talked.  He had literally no desires at all.  Pretty weathy and said he´d never had any need for anything in his life.  Never had a trial.  Ugh.  So we spoke pretty blunt to him.  Tried to inspire him.  Tried everything.  In the end I just thought, "this kid just won´t give place in his heart for this stuff."  We knew he could holdup the whole fam in the end.  I thought "just have him read Alma 32"... and in the end he actually read it!  I couldn´t believe it cuz he said the Book of Mormon was too boring. haha.

We talked to him and he said that he knew he was ready for baptism but didn´t feel it yet.  When he read Alma 32, he said he realized that if he didn´t get baptized, it would just be a matter of time his his seed (tree) would die.  Awesome!  So that wasn´t what I was shooting for, but I guess what Elder Bednar said was true.  If you´re living righteously every thought is a Spiritual Prompting.  Love it!  So they are all getting baptized this Saturday!!!

Today I bought a sick Ranaldo jersy.  Real Madrid.  thats what´s up.





clearly i like jumping... and that last one is my dist leader.  haha.  Elder Shirley.  Totally awesome.  Here´s one with him and my comp and I.  elder Anderson.
I´m also in the one with the big pyramid.  I´m just really small.  haha.


This last one is my last comp and I and Melissa.  she got baptized the Saturday after they closed the area.  she´s really awesome. I called her last monday and verified.  She was really happy.  Love her to death.  Kinda funny.

I love this area. love my comp Elder Anderson. love this mission!!!



Love,

Elder Kent Thalman

No comments:

Post a Comment