Monday, September 24, 2012

Teaching The Unlearned

So this week we have been working really really hard. We were able to break all of our goals, and we taught some lessons that were really powerful. We taught one to a really cool family, Juan and Maria. They can´t read, so we were nervous that they weren´t going to understand. We taught lesson one and when we were about to teach apostasy, my comp came up with this whole idea about agriculture and leadership, and applied it to authority and the apostasy. The guy understood really well, and the Spirit was super strong. One of the best lessons of all time. Super cool.

 
Sorry for the lack of time, but there have been some crazy tech. difficulties today. n
Next week I hope I can send you all the recording and some pics. I´ve not really taken any, but you should get to see Karina´s baptism. Love her so much. Her and her fam´s lives have changed so much! You can really see the change in her eyes, and feel the difference in her home. I´m always just so happy when I see her. She gave us tons and tons of references and was teaching lessons with us this week. She´s a great missionary!!! We just tell her to bear her testimony and she looks at the people and tells them, "I really can´t tell you how great this gospel is. It´s been the only thing to bring real change to me and my family. I can really feel the difference. I´m a different person. just try it out. Listen to the missionaries." I think she´s my favorite convert, if I´m aloud to have those... haha.

I love and miss you all!

Elder Kent Thalman

No comments:

Post a Comment